Last updated - 2017.03.22
The following terms and conditions of entry (“Terms”) apply to the 2017 Australia & New Zealand Splatoon Cup (“Tournament”) conducted and run by the Australian eSports League (“Organiser”) and sponsored by Nintendo Australia (“Sponsor”).
Registration and participation by an entrant to this Tournament is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and the Rules and Regulations of this Tournament.
This Tournament is sanctioned by the Australian eSports Association and is subject to its policies and regulations.
This Tournament features games of skill, with each entrant individually judged based on merit with strict adherence to the Rules and Regulations of this Tournament. This Tournament does not feature games of chance. The tournament Rules and Regulations can be found here: http://2017splatooncup.com.au/rules
The Organiser and Sponsor is not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or inconsequential loss) or personal injury in relation to this Tournament or the use of, or participation in, the prize.
The Organiser reserves the right to:
- The final decisions for all matters over the course of this Tournament;
- To, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant the Organiser has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms;
- To modify, suspend or terminate the Tournament with a minimum of 12 hours’ notice to all entrants;
- Online Qualifiers
- The top two teams (8 players total) from the online qualifier will be awarded a trip to Melbourne, Australia which includes flights, accommodation and transfers.
- Grand Finals
- The winning team (4 Players) from the Grand Final will receive commemorative Trophies, and each player will receive a Nintendo Switch.
- The winning team (4 Players) from the Grand Final will receive an invitation to attend a trip to E3 in Los Angeles in June 2017, which includes flights, accommodation and transfers.
All prizes are provided by the Sponsor as advertised in the Tournament promotion material found on the website. Prizes may be changed for whatever reason; however, all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure you are notified of such changes, at least 12 hours prior to the change taking effect.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. Transport of prizes to and from an event and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
Entry commences on the 22nd of March 2017 and concludes on the 29th of March 2017 at 23:00 AEDT.
Entry must be completed by the team captain or nominated person, a successful entry must have been submitted through the official Registration form and meet the following requirements:
- A team must consist of four persons;
- Each person must provide their current and valid Nintendo Network ID, In-Game Name, and personal contact information;
- Open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged seventeen years or over only;
- To be eligible to play in the Grand Final, all players must be prepared and have permission to fly to Melbourne, Australia to compete. All New Zealand players must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity from April 2017 onwards if they wish to compete;
- Winning players who wish to be eligible to attend E3 in Los Angeles in June 2017 (refer to the website for details), must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity from June 2017 onwards;
- Limited to once per person and once per team, an entrant is not permitted to register or participate as part of more than one team;
- Employees of the Organiser or Nintendo Australia and their immediate families, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible to enter;
- Acceptance of the Terms, Rules and Regulations and registration to the Australian eSports Association’s database.
Registration and Fees
Once the Registration process has been completed by the team captain or nominated person a confirmation email will be sent by one of the administrators of this Tournament. Shortly after the team will be listed in the leaderboard on the website and will be notified of any changes or updates.
There are no entry fees payable for this Tournament.
Registration is free, the Organiser will not request any collection of entry fees. No administrators, staff or associates of the Organiser are authorised to request or collect any entry fees.
All communication between the Organiser, administrators and staff will be conducted via email, direct mobile phone call, Discord through public notifications released on the website or through social media.
The official discord channel for this Tournament is: https://discord.gg/SfdEU9V
Entrants are permitted to withdraw from the competition subject to notifying the Organiser, administrators or staff.
Notification must be made within 24 hours of a scheduled match to the Organiser, administrators or staff.
A team is permitted to withdraw entirely or it may withdraw one or more registered players, full details of substituted players must be provided to the Organiser, administrators or staff.
Cancellations or rescheduling
This Tournament or any part of it may be cancelled for any reason. Entrants will be given a minimum of 12 hours’ notice in the case of cancellation.
This Tournament or any part of it may be rescheduled for any reason. Entrants will be given a minimum of 12 hours’ notice in the case of rescheduling.
Conduct and Sportsmanship
To ensure the overall integrity of this Tournament all entrants are expected to uphold the policies and regulations of the Australian eSports Association.
All entrants are required to uphold, observe and respect a reasonable level of sportsmanship. This level of sportsmanship is expected to be conducted prior to, during and after matches and during their general participation in this Tournament.
Unsportsmanlike conduct is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, interactions with other teams and general abuse or non-compliance towards administrators, staff or spectators.
Sportsmanship includes but is not limited to:
- Treating others with respect and courtesy;
- Maintaining a fair-play environment by not cheating, hacking, sabotaging or exploiting the game, equipment or systems to obtain an advantage;
- Maintaining an inclusive environment by not acting abusively, harmfully or discriminatively towards others over the course of this tournament;
- Using appropriate discourse and language when communicating with others, administrators, staff or spectators;
- Abiding by the Rules and Regulations of the tournament.
Australian eSports Association
This tournament is sanctioned by the Australian eSports Association and is subject to its policies and regulations. All entrants are registered to the Australian eSports Association’s database during the registration process.
All entrants approve the use of data provided during the registration process by the Australian eSports Association in maintaining their database of participants.
The Australian eSports Association provides policies and regulations that ensure the integrity of this Tournament, which are available at: www.aesa.org.au
All data collected though the registration process will be kept strictly confidential and only used in relation to this Tournament, unless otherwise approved by you.
Please contact the Organiser team on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about how we will use and store your personal information or if you wish to exercise your right to access, modify or object to the use of or request the deletion of your personal information.
I understand and have been warned that participation in this Tournament carries risk. I, and if being a minor, my parent/s, guardian/s, for and on behalf of me, acknowledge that during all times I participating online or on the premises of the Grand Final event at any location which is organised, approved or endorsed by the Organiser as an activity for me to take part in, my person is at my own risk and I accept all risk.
I release the Organiser and the Sponsor from any claims by or liability to me for any loss or damage to property that may arise from any cause (including the negligence, act or omission of the Organiser, administrators, staff, agents, independent contractors, voluntary workers, other users or participants, or spectators or other parties providing services).
I provide the Organiser and the Sponsor the right to record, film, photograph, create media outcome and to use the team (and any team member) names, likeness, images, pictures, voices, statements, quotations, appearances, performances and biographic material for promotional, marketing, publicity, commercial, non-commercial and/or editorial purposes in any media worldwide, without limit in time or runs. This grant includes all material in all form of media, including, without limitation, records, photographs, videos and footage created by the Organiser, a Related Body Corporate, agent, associate or by any third parties.